Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

August 9, 2010

A-Rod and me, we're BFF's!

On Wednesday my family and I went to a Yankees game. Among the many star players on the Yankees is Alex Rodriguez. A-Rod and I go way back. When he was young and playing for the Seattle Mariners, my brother and I used to watch him all the time. That was pre-$262 million contract and pre-steroid nastiness. He was just an awesome baseball player back then. Daniel and I loved everything about baseball and were fanatics. For my Senior trip, my mom took Daniel and me to 2 Seattle Mariners baseball games to see A-Rod play.

Back to Wednesday...
A-Rod was approaching a huge baseball milestone. He was about to become only the 7th player to ever hit 600 homeruns and the youngest to ever do it. He was stuck on 599 for a really long time. 12 games, in fact. For over 2 weeks, the sports world was waiting to celebrate the milestone. A-Rod must have known we were going to be at the game because he waited for us. On his first at bat, he smashed a homerun into the bullpen and hit the 600 milestone. We were all screaming and jumping around like crazy fools with 50,000 other Yankee fans. It was sure a fun experience. To top it all off, the Yankees won!

Hannah and me under the "Congratulations Alex, #600" sign

Mom and Christian at Yankee Stadium

Proof of Christian's first cotton candy


 The whole fam on the upper decks

No comments: