Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

August 21, 2010

In the Meantime...

While Jonathon was driving across the country, the boys and I were in Idaho with my family. I flew home with them so that I could have help on the flights. Boy am I glad I did! Andrew got sick on the second flight and threw up four times, 3 on Grandpa and one on me. At least Grandpa had all of his clothes in his carry-on. It may have been a rough flight home, but our time in Idaho was a nice relaxing break from the craziness of the move.


When we got to the house, the boys ran and ran and ran. Andrew ran from one end of the house to the other about 30 times. They loved the wide open space. We enjoyed visits from family, cooler weather, and the farm life.

Christian went irrigating with Grandpa and learned all about siphon tubes.
He looked so cute in his hat, overalls, and boots.


Andrew tried to go irrigating with Grandpa, but...

he walked right into the ditch.


 The boys jumped on the trampoline all hours of the day.

They also helped shuck corn for dinner.

Unfortunately, after only a week on the farm, Andrew ended up looking like this:
That's what a fall down cement steps will do.

We had a great time in Idaho and are so glad that we live so much closer now. Thanks Mom and Dad for showing us such a great time and helping us with the move.


2 comments:

cfish77 said...

I used to go irrigating with my grandpa sometimes too. Never could get a siphon tube to work though.

Tamra said...

Christian in those overalls = super cute!