With temperatures in the 100's for several days in a row, this New York summer is making it very easy to say goodbye. The 3 H's (hot, humid, hazy) along with a really weak air conditioner make for a pretty miserable day. So while we are dreaming of the central air conditioning awaiting us in Utah, we are surviving by spending many hours at the park.
"The Ice Cream Man"
Christian loves to play at this little house in the park and pretend he is serving ice cream. I always order strawberry. I always get a lovely piece of bark to pretend eat. It is always good fun. Sometimes, I just wish it was real ice cream...
Playing Soccer (in the shade)
Christian earned a soccer ball for being good, and we took it out to the park early in the morning to avoid the heat. Jonathon taught Christian how to pass and do headers. It lasted for about 10 minutes before both boys were too distracted with other things, but those 10 minutes were fun.
Lots of time at the "Splashground"
One of the only things that keeps us going is running through the sprinklers at the park. The boys love it, so we go once or twice a day. Here's hoping for some cooler temperatures...
5 comments:
Hey! Speaking of you guys moving to Utah, we'll be out there for a few days at the end of August/beginning of September to send Christian's little brother off on his mission. We should get together! Party at your new house? ;)
Can't wait to have you guys a little closer to us! Have to admit, just a little envious about the house purchase. No fair. :)
What do you get if you were to order cookie dough?
When you get out this way, you'll have to try out the fountain at the Gateway.
Ok I don't really want it to be 100 degrees, but I could stand some summer weather around here. It has been overcast and cold every day here for the last week. I get cold when I wear shorts and flip flops.
I love that you get bark to eat -- yummy!
Feeling your pain, guys. Our AC went out 2 weeks ago, and we don't have $3,000 for a new AC. Our house peaked at 93 degrees inside the house (90 was normal). Brutal! ... It's cooled off in the last few days, and we're buying a window AC unit today.
Post a Comment