Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

March 28, 2010

March Hodgepodge

*Happy Birthday to my one and only (on the 16th)! We celebrated with angel food cake. This is the last year he can say he is 29 and have it be the truth:)


*I have been attending a weekly Institute course on "World Religions and the Gospel." It is a special class where mothers can bring their kids. It gets a bit chaotic at times with 20 kids running and playing around the room, but I love that our church does things to benefit mothers. As I sat in our first class, I realized how much I love to learn. For so much of my life, school/learning was one of my major strengths. In the last few years, I have really missed that outlet. It has been a great opportunity, and I never want to go this long again without taking some kind of class. Luckily, I am married to a future professor who will, hopefully, get major discounts on tuition!

*The Inwood Community had an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday. The boys had a great time even though they were limited to finding 3 eggs each. (That is NYC for you!) Regardless, they were thrilled with their prizes.


*The month of March saw the return of decent temperatures and thus a return to my running. Yikes! The winter was BAD for my cardio. It was so sad that I had to start all over again. My goal is to run a 5K this Summer. I shouldn't have a problem getting back up to 3 miles (hopefully), but I have to sign up for a race and actually do it.

*Today Christian gave the scripture in Primary. He quoted Amos 3:7 from memory. I had one of those proud Mama moments. Seriously... I got teary-eyed watching him stand up there without any help. I can't imagine how I'll feel when he does something big.


6 comments:

Stefani said...

I love that word... Hodgepodge.

I'm running today for the first time in 6 weeks. My absence wasn't weather related though, it was health. I'm still concerned I might cough up a lung while running, but enough is enough already.

Good luck with your 5k goal.

cfish77 said...

Hooray for being the age that nobody believes.

Hooray for C giving the scripture in Primary!

Sounds like an interesting institute class.

Kathryn said...

Hey,
Happy Birthday Jonathon! We miss you guys, but excited that you are moving to Utah so we can see you more often! Glad to hear all is going well.

Boyd and Becky Ann Kent said...

Is Andrew going to get tubes? We went through that with our James. So sad to see your little tiny get put under, but it sure helped him in the end. I can relate to your comment about school. Sometimes I think, "Man, school was the only thing I'm good at. I'm having an identity crisis trying to pull off this Mom thing." Sounds like I need to follow your lead and go back. Oh, and Happy Birthday Jonathon!

Boyd and Becky Ann Kent said...

P.S. We love Dinosaur Train. That little Christian, must have his Mommy's talent for memorizing. Awesome!

Gaylene said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!