Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

February 25, 2010

Good News, Bad News...

Good News: It's snowing, and the weatherman predicts another 8-12 inches. Christian loves the snow and can't wait to go sledding!
Bad News: It's snowing... AGAIN! I am really starting to dread the thought of more winter. I don't think I have ever seen this much snow in one winter. I need Spring to come quickly for my sanity.

Good News: Andrew is over his horrible case of cold sores. Yay!
Bad News: He got over it just in time for a cold, cough, runny nose, and DOUBLE EAR INFECTION. The poor kid has had a bad winter. The receptionist at the clinic knows me by name now. He has had so many ear infections that he is now scheduled to see a specialist.

Good News: Jonathon is so relieved to have a job lined up for next fall (see previous post).
Bad News: He has transferred all of the stress he was feeling about the job situation into worrying about not getting finished with his PhD in time for said job.

Good News: I have finally gotten into a good routine with a couple of my New Year's Resolutions (i.e. keep the house cleaner, more consistent scripture study)
Bad News: The other ten things on that "resolution" list are falling painfully to the wayside.

Ah, such is life.



4 comments:

cfish77 said...

I'm ready for spring too. If C likes sledding, I can think of a sledding place he should try out next winter when you are in Utah.

Angela said...

I say 2 out of 10 is pretty awesome...I mean seriously your only two months into the year...plenty of time to hit those others.

Enjoy the snow for me then will ya, I am wishing we had some to go sledding.

Stefani said...

Sarah, you are the cutest!

Unknown said...

poor andrew