Happy 50th birthday to my dad! He is truly one of my heroes. My family is all gathering together today to celebrate, and I am feeling very far away. Despite the distance, I still wanted to tell him how much I love him.
We love Dad/Grandpa because he...
- Makes good potatoes. (1-10 from Christian)
- Cooks potatoes so good.
- Has great toys at his house.
- Plays good games with me.
- Plays in the snow with me.
- Built a snowman named Frosty.
- Has no hair.
- Reads good books to me.
- Takes me in the tractor.
- Lets me go irrigating with him.
- Is easy to talk to. (11-20 from Jonathon)
- Was nice to me when I was scared to death to ask to marry Sarah.
- Is down to Earth.
- Is supportive.
- Has his family as his number one priority.
- Always tries to do what is right.
- Is always anxious to serve.
- Puts others first.
- Is a patient teacher with the city boy.
- Is friendly.
- Is honest… very honest. (21-50 from Sarah)
- Talks strategy during Rook.
- Eats 3 bowls of homemade ice cream (so we can too!)
- Always takes care of Mom’s needs.
- Watches movies without falling asleep.
- Is always up for a good game of “TDQ.”
- Read Nancy Drew books with me when I was little.
- Told us Land of Ockleodon stories at bedtime.
- Memorized poems with me.
- Always makes time to do his home-teaching.
- Takes us on amazing vacations.
- Lets Mom organize said vacations.
- Helped me countless hours with my Math homework.
- Says he’s sorry.
- Knows all of the good movie quotes.
- Loves his brothers and sisters.
- Plays sports with us, even on his bum ankle.
- Is a great missionary.
- Does everything 100% and taught us to do the same.
- Is competitive during games.
- Knows the words to all the 70’s rock songs.
- Loves good food.
- Likes to discuss deep topics.
- Is outgoing and loves to talk to everyone.
- Takes time to participate in our activities.
- Is always up for a PARTY.
- Spent/spends numerous hours taking care of our calves and animals.
- Taught us to be responsible with money.
- Always wants to listen to and understand new ideas.
- Loves to laugh.
If you want to help celebrate, leave a comment about what you love about my dad. I'm sure he would love to hear from you!
14 comments:
Happy birthday Larry!! I have always respected you in the way to treat your family and even your wife's little cousins that came visiting!:) I hope you have a wonderful day!!
Daddy,
Thanks.
You are such a great example of how to live the best kind of life. You make every day an oppourtunity to learn something special. Even when it looks like we don't care sometimes, we really do admire your testimony and your thoughts. You take all things in stride and demonstrate to us, your kids, personal devotion and sacrifice. I love you tons and tons!
~Hers.
You are my greatest Valentine and I am so glad you are in my life everyday. Happy Birthday!
Tawana
Sarah's comments were fabulous, but she lacked a few vital ones:
1. Dad can eat 3 bowls of homade ice cream every day and not get sick of it.
2. Dad is very supportive to missionaries and gives them a desire to do their best on their mission. I felt a great desire to serve with all my heart to show my love for heavenly father and to make dad proud. There is nothing like getting a letter on your mission from dad saying: "Do your best son"
3. Dad has sweet driving skills (most of the time)
4. Dad is very easy to work with as long as you are doing your best-if not you may get the "Drop Kick"
5. Dad is a 100%er
6. Dad takes care of all of our cows even when we are hundreds of miles away
7. Dad has a funny laugh-(the wheeze)
8. Dad always lets us do junk with the Bournes and he loves the Bourne Identity
9. Dad tries to do his best in church callings and being a good dad.
Sorry if these comments detract from buggy's fabulous post, but i'm afraid i had to add them. Thanks DAD HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
happy birthday dad yOur the best dad i ever had. hOpe the rest Of your birthday goes way good...
HHHHAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYY BIRTHDAY
Happy Birthday Larry!!
You made it to 50! I have loved getting to know you and being a part of your family. I hope this year is wonderful for you and that you get the opportunity to try something new!
Love, Kym
hey paps,
You are wonderful!
happy b-day.
I'll see you at Lagoon
joe
Happy birthday, Uncle Larry. I remembered it was your b-day, but didn't realize it was the big 5-0.
Great post, Sarah!
I've always liked the way he shows complete interest in what I have to say. He does the same thing with my kids - especially Ryan when he wants to look at the animals or ride in the tractor.
Derek
Happy Birthday Larry, Can't possibly believe you are 50 ...you seem 25, you know what they say we never get old our bodies just do. You are the best, we are so blessed to have such a great example like you. Happy Birthday..
Reese ( Teresa) and Family
Uncle Larry has a wonderful laugh and is so fun to be around. I love being around Uncle Larry because he is such an easy going character.
That was a fab. post. Happy birthday Uncle Larry. Makes me miss homemade and Joe's chocolate sauce and Tawana's Brownies. I liked the comment that Larry was easy to talk to and likes to get into deep conversation. That is very true. Larry, you are a good guy and a good friend.
-Suzy Bangerter Lakey
Larry,
Lots of love from the Utah Ogborns. None of us here could believe that you are 50! Thanks for always welcoming us to your home. Thanks for teaching Forrest and Mariah how to work on your farm. You are a great example of a loving husband and father. I always enjoy talking with you when we come to your house.
Love,
Diane
He played with Elizabeth when they stayed at our house and he ALWAYS tlaks to me.
Hi Larry! Happy Birthday! We have always admired your positive cheerfulness. You are also a great example for all in your hard work on the farm. All the best to you and your wonderful family.
The Gile Family
Post a Comment