First: Bake a cake and let it cool completely. (I used a red velvet mix)
Then: Crumble it up in a big bowl.
Next: Add a container of frosting and mix together with your fingers. Form the mixture into balls and put them in the freezer. (I used cream cheese frosting)
Lastly: When the balls are firm, insert lollipop sticks and dip in melted candy chocolate (I used candy melts from Michaels) and let them dry.
I found a big piece of styrofoam that I used to stick the pops into when they were finished. It worked great for drying and for transporting. I still need work on getting the balls nice and round, but not bad for a first attempt. Also, I am looking forward to trying other combinations of cake and frosting. YUM! I love these because they are fancy and delicious... Happy Baking!
4 comments:
Sounds weird and yummy at the same time! I might just have to try it!!
One of my college friends made truffles that way at Christmas. Basically the same thing, except she didn't put lollipop sticks in them and she sprinkled various toppings on the outside after dipping in chocolate.
Uh, YUM! I'm definetely going to have to try these.
YUM! Okay, I need a treat.
Post a Comment