Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

January 26, 2010

Obsessions Revisited


It has been interesting for me to see all of the different things that Christian has been really obsessed with over the last few months.

1. Trains/Thomas and Friends
2. "Cars," the movie
3. Dinosaurs

It got me thinking about all the things in my life that I have been really into. It was fun to look back and remember those times and specific experiences associated with them. Some examples...

1. Dinosaurs: See previous post
2. Nancy Drew books: My dad got me hooked on these when I was really young. We used to read them together before bed.
3. School: not all that exciting, but true
4. Baseball/ARod: My brother, Daniel, and I shared this obsession. We knew every player on every team at one point. I also took him with me to 2 Seattle Mariners games as part of my Senior trip.
4. BYU football: Some of my favorite memories of college involve BYU football. I think I attended every single home game for the four years I attended.
5. Cake decorating: After Christian was born, Jonathon signed me up for Wilton cake decorating classes at our local Michaels. It was such a great time for me to get away for awhile and also learn a new hobby.

My current obsessions include:

3. All things Harry Potter-- I am already excited for movie #7.
2. Blogging-- My blog serves as our family journal and I am looking forward to getting it printed soon.
1. Digital Scrapbooking-- My parents got me Photoshop Elements for Christmas and I have been scrapbooking like crazy. The best part... I have made 10 pages and spent $0. There are so many awesome freebies online. I will eventually have to pay to have them printed, but I love saving time and not cleaning up the mess. Here is one example of a side by side page I did of our Christmas.




It is definitely an interesting exercise to look back at your obsessions. You should try it. I know I would love to read them!

*Scrapbook pages made from the Cherry Chocolate kit and QP courtesy of Tracy Ladle at Growing Pains - Scrapped. http://growingpains-scrapped.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a total Nancy Drew addict! My mom got me like 18 books from some used book store for cheap and they were my favorite!

Abbie said...

Guess what? I am opening my first Harry Potter book as soon as I finish typing this comment. I know. I know.

cfish77 said...

I'll have to tell my parents to watch out for fun dinosaur stuff since they live where there is a lot of it.

Natalie said...

Great post! I love your digital scrapbook pages. I am really wanting to try it, but photoshop seems so complicated! Was it hard to figure out at first?

Natalie said...

super cute scrapbooks