Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 29, 2009

North Carolina Thanksgiving

We took a trip to North Carolina to visit my cousin Natalie and her family for Thanksgiving. We had a great time. Here are some of the highlights:

On the way to NC, we stopped in Washington D.C. overnight. It rained pretty much the whole time we were there, so we mostly stayed indoors. Luckily, D.C. has plenty of museums to keep us entertained.

The boys at the Washington D.C. temple

Jonathon and Andrew at the temple

Most of us were soaked walking from place to place, but Andrew was warm, dry, and happy in his stroller with footmuff and rain cover attachments. New York City has really taught us how to deck out our strollers.

*This is the point in our trip where I dropped our camera on the stone floor of the Smithsonian and broke it :( The rest of the pictures are from the video camera... not nearly as good quality.

Sarah and Christian at the White House.
He kept yelling, "We're at Obama's house!"

In front of the Washington Monument

Jonathon and Christian with the Wright brothers' plane
We spent a lot of time in the Air and Space Museum seeing the exhibits, eating freeze-dried ice cream, and attending a planetarium show.

Our Thanksgiving turkey
Nat and I put a lot of time and effort into it, and boy did it look and taste delicious!

Cute Babies!
Andrew and Libby are only 2 weeks apart. They were so cute together... except when Libby would stick her fingers in Andrew's mouth, and he would obligingly bite them. He also got her good on the cheek. How do you discipline a 10 month old?


The best part of the whole trip was hanging out with Nat, Eric, Ethan, and Libby. They showed us a great time. Some of the fun included:

*A tour of Duke campus (Christian got to run around on the floor of Cameron Indoor Stadium)
*Eating at an awesome Carolina barbecue joint
*Jonathon and Eric played football on Thanksgiving morning
*Sarah and Nat went to New Moon (I loved it. Now can they remake Twilight so that it isn't so awful.)
*Chrisian and Ethan watched Cars 5 times in 3 days
*LOTS of games, food, talking, and fun!

4 comments:

cfish77 said...

Looks like fun!

Stefani said...

How fun! Loved the Temple pictures (I need to get some more blog tutorials from you, on how to get photos to show up bigger - like you did.)

And Marilyn wants you to know she DOES read your blog! lol

Tamra said...

Ooh, I'm so sorry you broke your camera! I would be devastated if that happened to me. It's one of the only things I own that is Precious to me and that I take care of like it's a living thing.

Cameras make good Christmas presents from family, though. :)

Natalie said...

Wahooooooo! Thanks so much for coming!!!
We can't wait to see you again soon!