Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 8, 2009

Ivy League Football

Yesterday we went to our first Columbia football game. First off, let me just say, I had a great time. The weather was beautiful, the kids were good, and it was fun to be back in the college football mode. Now that all that loveliness is out of the way, Ivy league football is definitely second-tier (apparently not many football players get 1500 on the SAT). I guess I took for granted how good BYU is and how amazing the stadium and fans are. The game we attended was Columbia vs Harvard. We went in expecting the level of play to be below what we were used to, but our team is just plain bad. They turned it over a lot, got a penalty on nearly every play, and couldn't seem to catch a pass. Harvard gave us a good thumping. The final score was 34-14, but that didn't really matter. We went for the experience, and it was a good one.

Here are some sights from the afternoon:

Entering Lawrence A. Wien Stadium


A view of the field-- yes, the stands really were that empty, and yes, those are skyscrapers directly behind the field.


Christian enjoying his hot dog


The game play-- one good thing about Ivy league sports is that they are poorly attended, so we got good seats for $5. (45 yard line, 15 rows up)


The Columbia Lion


Happy Football Family

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian looks like such a little man in that hot dog picture -- too cute!

Stefani said...

I love the family portrait! And I agree Christian looks so old! What's up with that?

Tamra said...

Wow. The game looks worse attended than our HS football games were! I hope it was at least better played than HS ball.

pharmgirl75 said...

Love the family pic!

Malesa said...

That is awesome!