Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 4, 2009

A Great Read -- NYC Voter's Guide

Jonathon and I wanted to vote yesterday, so we decided we should probably read the Voter's Guide. It was the best decision we have made recently. Hysterical! We were seriously laughing out loud. Here are a few of the best one-liners:

*When asked what the most important issue was, a candidate running for Mayor said: "The billionaires must pay for the economic crisis. A 5% tax on all wealth over $100 million would alone raise over $8 billion a year: if they try to leave the city, their property and wealth should be confiscated.

When asked why she was the best candidate, she said, "I am not a billionaire and I have never been a bank executive. (ok, she might have a point there...)

*Another mayoral candidate was a founder of the Rent is Too D**N High Movement. (Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.) The most important issue to him... quoted exactly as it appears, "Rent is Too D**n High Rent-Freeze-Rent-Reduction-Rent Roll back. People must have money to spent." Maybe if he could write a correct sentence I would vote for him because he did want to waive all student loans... jk.

*Under Prior Public Experience, one candidate running for Public Advocate listed: Disgruntled taxpayer

The most important issue he would address as Public Advocate: "Eliminate the position of Public Advocate. If I am elected Public Advocate, I promise to report to work just long enough to fire the staff and padlock the office."

Those are just a few of the gems from our election this year. I hope your election reading was just as amusing.

4 comments:

Stefani said...

We didn't have an election yesterday, but I have never been THAT entertained reading anything that had to do with public office. That is great! TFS.

Angela said...

that is so funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Kiwimommy said...

Choice.

Malesa said...

I 100% agree with you. It was hilarious! We read the election guide this year and both of us were cracking up over it! Best reading material I've had in months.