Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 1, 2009

Homemade Halloween: New York Style

We are celebrating our last Halloween in New York, so we wanted to have some fun with the NY theme. This was the first year that I was ambitious enough to make our costumes. I am not a seamstress, so I was pretty proud of my creations. And, of course, Christian and Andrew definitely helped pull them off with their cuteness. Without further ado....

The "Big" Apple

The Taxi Driver

Lady Liberty

The Tourist

Iconic NY Family

The Boys Eating their Loot
(This is right when Andrew finally got the wrapper off and got to enjoy the sucker for about 2 seconds.)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your costumes are FANTASTIC! I love them with my whole heart.

Kristen said...

WAY cute Sarah!

Molly said...

Adorable costumes!!! You did a great job! Any idea where you guys are headed after NY?

Derek and Jamie said...

One word: AWESOME! That was a really good idea. I wish we could have seen them in person!

Shannon B said...

SOOO adorable and sooo creative!!! WAY to GO you seamstress!! When are you moving out of NY?? Are you gonna be so glad to get out of there, or are you gonna miss it??

Malesa said...

I really liked your costumes. You did a fantastic job.

Natalie said...

I LOVEEEEEEE THIIISSSSSS

Stefani said...

This couldn't be more perfect!!

Jonathon and Sarah said...

In answer to the questions about when we are leaving NY... the answer is, we don't know for sure. Jonathon is hoping to be done sometime early next Summer. From there, we will go wherever we can get a job... Harvard, Duke, and Vanderbilt are on the short list. Will we miss NY? There are definitely things we will miss... not having to drive, all of our friends, tons of cool things to do etc, but we won't miss the cost of living, and that is enough to send us packing.

Natalie said...

Nice job Sarah! So creative- I love it :)

Lynse said...

These are so awesome! Your kids are so cute too! You did a great job on the costumes!

cfish77 said...

Two thumbs up! Very creative theme!

Kiwimommy said...

I told you once, I'll tell you again - YOU WERE ROBBED!!! You totally should have won best costume. Not only because yours was the cutest idea with fabulous colors and construction - but your costumes were also original and not ordered from a catalog!!

Awesome, awesome job, Sarah. I genuflect before you.

Abbie said...

Perfect. You guys are awesome!

Chelle said...

Wonderful costumes. I particularly enjoyed the taxi test runs. Jonathon Congrats on the completion of the PhD this summer.

Bethany said...

So clever.

Gaylene said...

Great costumes!!

Tamra said...

Super cute! I'm impressed--we just put our kids in costumes from last year. Cause we're awesome like that.