Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 11, 2009

Christian Says:

"I wish I had a hat so I can be a farmer like Grandpa. Then I would have hair like Grandpa. He just has a little that goes in a circle around the back." (I guess this is the new way of saying BALD)

"I wish we had a big house and no neighbors. Then I could be loud."

Is Grandma coming on an airplane or a spaceship?

When Mom H. was here, he introduced her to his nursery teacher saying, "This is my new friend, Grandma."

Christian was watching Grandma get ready one morning. He asked why she was putting lotion on her face. She told him that she put it on to help keep the wrinkles away. Christian said, "Grandma, you better put some more of that lotion on."

Our home teachers were at our apartment one Sunday. They asked Christian what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said, "A doctor... so I can cut people's legs." (He has a movie about Joseph Smith's childhood when he had to have surgery on his leg. He is obsessed with that scene. The movie is now banned in our house because Christian was experimenting on his brother.)

During potty-training, Christian has some key phrases that we have identified.
1. "Uh oh, something's happening."
2."Mom, I have good news."

Dad, I wish you would bring all of your mice home.

"I love my brother so much. I love to play with him and fight with him."

After church, we asked Christian what he learned. He said, "We learned about our bodies. We have a special thing in our neck called a heart. Hearts are important so we can love others."

9 comments:

Natalie said...

i love "put some more lotion on"
way to make grammy feel awesome
ha!

Stefani said...

I love your little segment of "Christian Says:" it's awesome and he says the best stuff!! Priceless!

Kristen said...

This is so hysterical! He says the cutest things! (Grandma may not have thought that was cute!)

cfish77 said...

I always especially enjoy these entries on your blog. My mom told me about the "my new friend, Grandma" story.

Chelle said...

We were totally cracking up reading this post! He seriously says the funniest things...how did Grandma feel about the "wrinkles" comment?? :)

pharmgirl75 said...

The grandpa entry reminded me of my grandpa! He also had hair like that and and an awesome hat. Bet Christian would love a pith helmet like Grandpa Egbert.

Gaylene said...

Hey, I wish Jonathon could take all my mice off my hands. I have about 15 since one just had babies again. I let that happen because Rebecca's third grade class has adopted them for a while and the teacher thought it would be wonderful for it to have babies and watch them grow. It really has been fun for the kids and they love it but I am still the one cleaning out that yukky cage.

Kristy Anne said...

Oh goodness Sarah! These cracked me up. Thank you for sharing!

Lindseys said...

So funny! The Doctor comment is my personal favorite. Three-year olds say the best stuff.

--Marsha