Jonathon: "Wow Andrew, you were up at the crack of dawn."
Christian (excitedly): "A crackadon is a dinosaur that can fly and has big wings." (Dinosaur Train is his new favorite PBS show, which features a pteranodon).
Christian: "The dinosaur on Andrew's shirt is called a spike-a-turtle-saurus because it looks like a turtle with spikes on its back." (It was really a stegosaurus, but we thought he was quite the wordsmith for coming up with the name.)
Christian: "I wish I was one again. I don't ever want to grow up."
Mom: "Why not?"
Christian: "Because then I will look different."
While on the way to church, we were reminding Christian that we were going to try to be reverent this week.
Mom: "What things can help us be reverent?"
Christian (very matter of factly): "Four Trains"
Christian to Mom: "You be the stinky and I will be the cheese." (This occurred after we had randomly discussed stinky cheese while singing The Farmer in the Dell.)
While eating a cookie with a Hershey's Kiss on top, Christian said, "Mom, it's a grown-up chocolate chip."
Today at church, we had an amazing musical number by the ward choir. It was complete with a five piece brass ensemble. The last note was very powerful. In the one or two second pause after the song when everything was absolutely quiet, Christian said at full volume, "That was loud!" Everyone around us was trying to stifle a laugh and failing miserably. I was told that our son has very good comedic timing. (Thanks... I guess.)
Christian: Mom, you be the princess and I will be the prince. Now I will kiss you back into a frog!
4 comments:
Thanks for the laugh. Christian is a character!
That was one of the best church moments ever!
Oh, my heart is melting!!
Super cute! I love that he was going to kiss you back into a frog. That cracks me up! And Crackadon IS a dinosaur. At least, Crack of Dawn makes ME a dinosaur, if I'm up that early.
Post a Comment