While walking on the way home from the library, Christian started to get tired.
Christian: "Mom, my body is telling me I need to stop."
I couldn't resist such a cute little request, so we stopped for a few minutes before we continued walking. A few steps later, now confident in his new found trick, he said, "Mom, my body is telling me that it needs a popsicle." I laughed and (of course) took him home to get a popsicle. (Sidenote: Why is it that his body never tells him that it is time for bed or to eat his vegetables? Hmmmm...)
"Zero means none in Spanish"
"Cry means nap-time in Spanish."
He is always explaining what things mean in Spanish. (This says a lot about our neighborhood :). I thought this one was particularly funny because I am always telling him that when he cries and whines it means he needs to take a nap.
"In our family, we have three mans [men] and one big sister."
"Andrew's squeaking. That means he's awake."
After refusing to try even a small bite of his dinner, and then finally being forced, Christian says, "It's actually pretty good." This same scenario and exact quote happens every night. One particular night, we were having potatoes. Christian said, "Potatoes are actually pretty good. Now Grandpa and Grandma will be happy." [We had previously told Christian that Gpa and Gma were potato farmers, so they would be sad to know that he didn't like them.]
2 comments:
Oh my gosh Sarah, these quotes had me cracking up!! Big sister? Haha. I hope my kids are little characters like Christian.
soooo stinkin' funny
Post a Comment