My 26th birthday was last week, and I thought it would be interesting to write 26 things about my life right now. I hope it will be fun to look back someday and see what my life was like as a "twenty-something." Here goes:
1. Home: New York City (Manhattan)
2. Family: 1 great husband and 2 sweet little boys (age 2 1/2 and 4 months)
3. Church calling: Ward Missionary
4. If I had some extra money, I would buy: a nice SLR camera, new clothes, a 2 bedroom apartment, a plane ticket to go home every few months
5. New skill I am learning: Sewing, digital scrapbooking
6. Favorite song right now: Love Story (Taylor Swift) meets Viva la Vida (Coldplay) arranged by Jon Schmidt
7. Favorite TV shows: The Biggest Loser, Jeopardy, Lie to Me
8. Favorite food: chicken enchilladas, parmesan chicken
9. Favorite place in NY: Central Park, Battery Park (statue of Liberty), Times Square
10. Favorite color: Green, purple
11. Favorite Dessert: Ice Cream
12. Favorite quote: "Life is to be enjoyed, not endured"--Gordon B. Hinckley
13. Last movie watched: Chronicles of Narnia--Prince Caspian
14. Last large purchase: double jogging stroller, eyetv
15. Last book read: The Everything Toddler Book by Linda Sonna
16. Things I am looking forward to this Summer: Family reunion in Idaho, Harry Potter #6, checking out a New York beach, a Yankees game
17. Biggest challenges: Having patience with my 2 year-old, tantrums on the subway, colicky baby, not enough sleep
18. Current addictions: blogging, Facebook, caramel rice cakes, angel food cake, Target (a product of living in NY, no doubt), Skype, Raisin Bran Crunch
19. Recent things I am proud of: running 1 mile, decorating our new apartment, Jonathon (for his first publication)
20. Things that make me happiest: a clean house, Andrew's smiles, Christian's excitement to learn new things, zipcar, 70 degree weather with low humidity, time with my family, a dishwasher
21. Current long-term ambitions: Go back to school, write a book (for my kids), Visit Europe
22. Silly things I can't live without: metro card, cell phone, quarters (for laundry), stroller, air conditioning, chapstick
23. Places I want to visit: Europe, The Caribbean on a cruise, and Prince Edward Island (I love Anne of Green Gables).
24. What I would do with a day off (from the kids): Go to a spa, get my hair cut, go to a Broadway musical
25. Goals to accomplish before my next birthday: Run a 5K, potty-train Christian
26. Best memory from the last year: Having a picnic while watching the sunset on our trip to Palmyra
3 comments:
AWESOME post! I loved it.
Yanno, it would be sooo easy for me to make my own list of 26 things - and it would be called "26 things that I like about Sarah". I hope you had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday! You young thing. Thanks for sharing. I loved reading about you! You know, we must be related. I found many similarities.
You're gonna have to teach me that digi scrapbooking thing. I am totally intimidated by it. I need to know though.
I can't believe I missed your bday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope it was great.
Post a Comment