Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

April 25, 2009

Jogging Update

We have been jogging (3x a week) for the last 3 weeks.  For the majority of that time, we went to the gym at the church and ran circles around our kids.  It was the only way we could think of to do it together because I really need the extra motivation Jonathon gives me!  Unfortunately, the runs are getting longer and the weather is getting nicer.  Well, problem solved!  

Our newest purchase:
This awesome double jogging stroller was supposed to even out our speeds, but Jonathon is still twice as fast as me... even when pushing an extra 75 pounds.  Still, it is so great to be able to run outside in the park on beautiful mornings like today.

As far as the actual jogging goes, it pretty much stinks!  This weeks running schedule had us running for 3 minute intervals.  I am about dead by the end of the 3 minutes (I know, pathetic!). Hopefully, things will start to get easier as we keep it up.  Even though I am still not a fan of jogging, the boys love being outside with us. Christian always yells "faster" during our walking stretches.  I think he is mocking me :)  

3 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

Sarah- you will love running once you get use to it. Pretty soon you will crave the run, impossible you may think, but keep it up and it will happen!

Stefani said...

oh sarah, I'm with you all the way! I hope what Jennifer says is true for your sake. I've never stuck it out long enough to see if it's true.

Molly said...

Keep it up! You'll do great! I couldn't run more than one mile at a time 5 years ago. Now I run 4-milers as my "short" runs. Good job, guys!!