Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

December 18, 2008

It's Greek to Me

The lab next door to Jonathon's at Columbia is moving to Greece.  Jonathon's lab is holding a farewell party for them today.  He volunteered me to make a cake for the festivities.  They wanted it to be themed, so I drew the Greek flag and wrote "Farewell, Hope to See you Again"(or something of that nature) in Greek.  My biggest fear is that we are being set up and all that Greek mumbo-jumbo is really a swear word or insult.  Obviously, I have no idea what it says, but Jonathon assures me that the person who wrote it down for him was very nice and wouldn't do something like that.  At least I can plead complete innocence :).   

2 comments:

Angela said...

looks great! and yummy! I bet it won't matter much what is says if it tastes good.

Natalie said...

you rock. the end. period.
that would be hilarious if it said: good riddance!