Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

October 5, 2008

Trivial Pursuit

Trivial Pursuit is one of our favorite games to play on Sunday afternoons.  Jonathon and I usually play while Christian is napping, but this morning, Christian really wanted to play with us. We decided it was high time that Christian got immersed in the tradition.  Jonathon and I tried hard to come up with good questions for him in each category.  We were really surprised at how much he remembered and knew.  Here are some examples from our game.  Oh, and Christian won with 14 points to Mom's 10 and Dad's 9.  He is off to a good start.

Geography- Where do Grandpa and Grandma C. live?
Christian's Answer: On the big blue ball (referring to the globe where we often show him where family lives) 
Entertainment- On Thomas the Tank Engine, what is the name of Bill's twin engine?
Christian's Answer: Ben a
Current Events- Can you name one of your Uncles that is on a mission right now?
Christian's Answer: Matt a
Literature- In the book "Good Night Moon," complete the sentence...."There were three little _____ sitting on ______."
Christian's Answer: Bears sitting on Chairs a
Science and Nature- What do you freeze to make ice?
Christian's Answer: Milk (I know... we will work on it)
Sports- In what sport do people yell "Get in the hole?"
Christian's Answer: Golf (He loves to watch and yell with the spectators) a

5 comments:

Natalie said...

hilarious! that is so cute! what a smarty! its amazing sometimes how much little people know what they are talking about...

Gaylene said...

That is so cute. Love the categories and questions.

Stefani said...

Ok, there are a lot of games that I am intimidated to play with you and Jonathon but I think Trivial Pursuit would take the cake. You guys must finish it in about 31 1/2 seconds. And way to get Christian going at an early age. I love the questions... and his answers! lol

Anonymous said...

haha you guys are good. This is great. He is so smart!!!

Kiwimommy said...

That was so completely gorgeous! You are such great parents.