Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

May 17, 2008

A Quarter of a Century

  Wow!  When I say my age in terms of centuries, it makes me feel really old.  My 25th birthday was yesterday.  I received one of the coolest surprises ever from my parents.  On Thursday night, Jonathon and I got to go see "Wicked" on Broadway.  I have wanted to see it for a long time, and my mom completely surprised me with tickets.  Jonathon even secretly lined up a babysitter and everything (Thanks again Paul and Andrea).  It was such an amazing show--not sentimental or serious at all, but completely fun and enjoyable.  We had the best seats in the whole house.  When we sat down, I told Jonathon that if we could choose any seat, I would choose the ones that we were sitting in--main floor, center aisle.  The show lived up to all my expectations and was so fun.  Now I am going to have to buy the CD to sing to at home :)


Getting ready for the show!  Thanks Mom and Dad



Jonathon in front of the theatre




Some scenes from Wicked
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_(musical)

  Then on Friday morning, I took Christian to Chuck E. Cheese with his playgroup friends. Noah and I have the same birthday, so we celebrated with cupcakes and hats. The boys were so cute. They did not even need tokens because they just enjoyed sitting in the cars and pretending.  It was nice to have something to keep us entertained for the morning.

  

Birthday Hats and Treats at CEC



Christian and Eddie riding in the car


The "Big Jeep" with Noah

 That night, Jonathon made me an amazing birthday dinner of spaghetti with homemade meatballs, sauteed zucchini, and french bread.  Everything was so good!  I honestly think it was one of the best meals he has ever made...and that is saying something. Afterward we ate cupcakes that I made.  I figured that cupcakes were forced portion control (except that the recipe made 24) and were much easier to decorate.  It was such a nice day.  I heard from several friends and family and felt very loved.  25 is looking to be a good year.


Cupcakes, Cupcakes, Cupcakes

Making a Wish

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy B-day, Sarah! Looks like you had a great time at the play. (cute shirt, BTW!)

Noah is honored to be b-day buddies w/you!

Kiwimommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sarah! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead.