Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Jonathon!




Jonathon turned 27 yesterday. It is always fun to celebrate Jonathon because we love him so much. He really wanted to take a cake into his lab, so I attempted to make a "DNA cake" stylized, of course. It turned out to be a lot harder than I expected, but I'm sure it still tastes good. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to list 3 of the many reasons why Christian and I love Jonathon.

3. He is a Nerd! (meant in the nicest way) Let me expound...today I was reading a paper that Jonathon is working on for school. He wrote, and I quote, "Immunohistochemistry could not be performed with Tm4sf4 because there is not an antibody readily available. Therefore, RNA in situ hybridization was performed to look at the Tm4sf4 expression pattern in Nkx2.2 knockout and wildtype tissue at e14.5." I'm sure all of this gobbledegook is really cool and important to Jonathon. This is why I love him. He gets such a thrill out of learning and discovering. I don't understand 90% of what he tells me, but I love that he works so hard to support his family and use the talents that he has been given. Oh, and funny side note... after I finished decorating his cake, his first comment was "I wonder if that DNA pattern that you drew codes for anything?" You just gotta love it!

2- He is a great Dad! Christian wakes up at 6:30 prompt whether we like it or not. A few weeks ago I was really tired and Jonathon was nice enough to get up with him and let me sleep for a few minutes. When I woke up, I found Jonathon and Christian staring at the computer screen with huge smiles on their faces. Jonathon had searched Youtube and created a special playlist for Christian that included: a school bus parade, a Thomas the tank engine cartoon, and a video called Lots and Lots of Firetrucks. To our 19 month old son, Daddy was his hero!

1- He is a great Husband! Jonathon has shown time and time again that one of his main goals is to make me happy. How could you ask for anything more than that? He shows me this by being willing to do things that I like--even if I know he would rather be doing anything else. This has been extremely evident the last few weeks. Here are just 3 things that I have put him through recently...

*He watched High School Musical with me and didn't make one mocking comment the entire show. I think he even enjoyed it a little.
*He did Tae Bo with me again even after I laughed at him the first time. (There were a few grumbles here :)
*He helped me with my scrapbook and made really valuable suggestions.

So, as I said in the beginning, it is really easy to celebrate Jonathon because he is a wonderful person. He makes us so happy. Here's to many more birthdays to celebrate!

No comments: