Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

March 7, 2008

Brazilian Delights



Our friends from California came to New York for a visit this week. We had a great time showing them around and exploring more of the city. For the "Grand Finale," they took us to an amazing Brazilian restaurant called Plataforma. It is a churrascaria-- rodizio style. That means that they specialize in meats (like American BBQ) that are served by waiters that continually circle around the room. Every few minutes they would bring another mouth-watering cut of prime rib, sirloin, chicken, ribs, lamb, turkey, or pork. We ate and ate until we couldn't eat anymore. Besides the meat, they also had other Brazilian specialties like fried bananas, cheese bread, and exotic fruits and vegetables. Both Jonathon and his friend Mike served their mission in Brazil, so the lunch was not only a great meal, but a fun chance to reminisce. We have eaten at this style of restaurant a few times, and each one has been a delicious experience.


We all really enjoyed Plataforma. Christian's mouth was full of cheese-bread the whole time.

2 comments:

MOM said...

Sarah, you are so awesome to keep a family history on your blog. I hope you can find a way to print these entries, pictures and special memories to look at in 10 years. I hope I can get this right.

MOM

MOM said...

Hi Sarah,

This is Dad. I just read the blog about going to the restaurant. It sounded so good, my mouth is watering. Your stories are so well-written and interesting. Thanks for doing it for our total enjoyment. Love, Dad