Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

February 5, 2008

Giant Pride?


Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am not a big fan of NFL football. First off, I don't watch the games because most are on Sunday. Secondly, when I do catch the occasional Saturday game, I get really sick of the players showing off and exhibiting such pompous attitudes. That being said, I was slightly interested in the outcome of this year's Super Bowl. Our new home team, the New York Giants, was taking on what may be considered the greatest team in football history, the New England Patriots, with its perfect record and controversial spying scandal. I wanted to see the all-mighty Patriots go down hard. I am and have always been a huge fan of underdogs and miracle comebacks (Side note: I am still on a high from last year's Boise State trick play to win their BCS game...talk to me about it anytime.) Anyway, after the Giants pulled out the win, New York has been abuzz over OUR team (which really is located in New Jersey, go figure). New York City had a huge ticker tape parade down the middle of Broadway. This city is so Sports crazed, they have even named that stretch of the street the "Canyon of Heroes" because they have had so many opportunities to celebrate their championship teams. Millions of people turned out to get a glimpse of the players and floats. I watched part of it on television and believe it our not, I actually began to feel a little bit of pride for the New York Giants. No worries about this experience converting me to NFL football, but it was fun to get caught up in the excitement of our underdog champions and this fanatic sports city. In the meantime, I will stick with college football. I will always be a cougar at heart (GO BYU!)

3 comments:

Kathryn Lichfield said...

Ooohhhh..i just read Twilight last weekend, and loved it! I'm bout to start the next book in the series. Did you love them?

Kathryn Lichfield said...

Sorry, wrong comment for post, but i don't know where the comment on your reads :)

Jonathon and Sarah said...

So Kathryn-- I am in love with the Twilight series. They are totally high school drama, but so cute and fun. Edward is one of the best heroes ever because he is so selfless. Hopefully, the movies live up to the books...happy reading.