This week Jonathon and I hosted a going away party for a member of his lab. I baked a special angel food cake for the occasion. Once it came out of the oven, I set it out on the table to cool for an hour. 45 minutes later, I was busy in the living room. Suddenly, from the kitchen, I hear "mmmm," "mmmm." Knowing very well that Christian only makes that noise when he is eating something yummy, I ran for the kitchen. To my horror, I found that he had climbed onto a chair and was shoving a big handful of angel food cake into his mouth. After the initial shock, I busted up laughing. He was just too darn cute to be mad at. The cake was all over his hands and face and he continued to make his "mmmm" noises as I quickly moved it out of his reach. I always imagined that I would be really upset when my kids did something like that, but I am happy to say that I surprised myself and even enjoyed the moment with some quick pictures. Everything turned out just fine. The hole in the cake could easily be hidden, and I found out from Christian that it tasted great too!
-S
No comments:
Post a Comment