We celebrated New Year's Eve with Jonathon's family. Jonathon smoked some yummy pulled pork for sandwiches, and we had a macaroni and cheese taste test. Every family was assigned a specific brand of mac and cheese and then we all voted for the one we liked best. The kids were in heaven! The top vote-getter ended up being Food Club Mac and Cheese, followed by Kraft, Great Value, Rice Pasta and White Cheddar (gluten free), and then gluten free Kraft. At the end, Mom admitted that she used cream in the Food Club brand that won, so who knows if that was the difference. Haha!
After dinner, we played games. Jonathon and I created a fun Family Feud game to play with everyone, and then we played Quiplash online with the extended family while the kids watched The Grinch movie upstairs. At 9:00 pm, we rang in the New Year with a toast of sparkling cider. When we got home, we were tired, so we all went to bed at 10:00 pm. I have very rarely stayed up until midnight because I don't love late nights, and the rest of our family seems to agree, so it works out great!
2022 was the best year to date! Our family was so blessed and had the opportunity to do so many incredible things. It definitely was not without its trials and struggles, but looking back, I just feel an immense sense of gratitude to Heavenly Father for the chance to experience life with my amazing husband and three great boys. I love them so much, and I love the life we have built. Time seems to be flying by too quickly, and I just want to hold on to this time with all of us together. I have been making year-end videos for the last few years because they bring me so much joy to watch over and over again. Below is the one for 2022, and now on to 2023!



No comments:
Post a Comment