Joe and Kym came up for a visit last Saturday. It was such a welcome relief to have people to talk to and play with. All of us were getting major cabin fever, and company was the perfect antidote. They came up on Saturday afternoon, stayed the night, and had church with us on Sunday. We played games, the kids watched movies, and everyone had a great time. When it was time for them to leave, Kym suggested that we trade some kids for a few days. Our families are both doing homeschool, so it was a great option.
Hyrum had a great time down in Price. Kym and the kids made him feel special, and I think it was really good for him to be away from his brothers for a little bit. There has been a lot of fighting at our house lately, and I think everyone has been frustrated. It was super convenient that Kym has her kids doing all the same curriculum that we have been doing. I just sent Hyrum's books and computer log-ins down with him, and she was able to help him do it. They got a lot of snow down in Price, so the kids worked really hard every morning so that they could go outside and play as soon as possible. I missed my HyGuy, but I am so glad he had a fun time.
Here are some things the kids liked about homeschool this week:
Andrew: "My cousin stayed with us this week for a few days, and we got to do homeschool together. We both do Beast Math and Good and the Beautiful Language Arts, so it was fun to do it together. We did school extra fast so that we could play afterward. For cooking class with my Grandma, we made pumpkin pie. We had to do it over Zoom because of Covid, but it still turned out really yummy."
Christian: "For Life Fitness, I was finally able to go swimming at the Rec Center again. It was closed because of coronavirus, and I have missed going for my exercise. For Geography, I did a report on Lithuania. An interesting food that I learned they eat was called cepelinai. It is basically potatoes that are stuffed with meat. It sounds interesting, and I would definitely eat it if I got a chance."
Hyrum: "I got to do homeschool with my cousin this week. We did our Beast Academy math together. For art I drew a picture of Toon Link from Legend of Zelda. I also drew a picture of a solar system since we are doing Space for our science class."






No comments:
Post a Comment