Our exciting event for the month of March was the wedding of Jonathon's sister, Crista, to David Aguiar. On Thursday night, all of the parents and siblings met for a family dinner at Magleby's in Springville. It was a nice meal, and we had a chance to meet and talk with David's family. David comes from a very small family (mom, one sister, and one brother-in-law). I'm sure it was at least a little overwhelming when he first met all of us, but he never seemed uncomfortable or bothered. David and his family are so polite and kind. His mom hugged each of us and kissed our cheeks. David's sister and her husband live in New York City, so it was interesting to chat with them about our experience in the city. Sometimes that part of our life seems like it was just a dream, but it is fun to reminisce when we get a chance.
Friday night, we went to mom and dad's house and worked on making our bouquets. It was actually a really fun idea. Crista just ordered tons of white flowers and greenery, and we all got to make our own small bouquets to carry. I loved arranging the flowers and helping make the boutonnieres for the men. I thought they all turned out really amazing. Crista even made her own big, beautiful bridal bouquet! It saved some money, but it also was such a memorable activity. All of the girls got to spend the evening chatting and working together. I loved it!
The wedding took place on Saturday, March 3rd at Wadley Farms in Lindon, UT. It was an afternoon wedding, so the morning was nice and calm. We took our time getting everyone ready, and it was definitely a lot less stressful than the morning weddings that we are used to.
The venue was stunningly gorgeous. I was in love with all of the cool buildings and scenic spots for picture-taking. There was even a castle behind us. I'm sure the castle was a lot more expensive to rent, but it was sure cool. I forced my kids to stand in front of lots of old doors and stone walls because they made such great backdrops. We also got some couple pictures taken. They turned out to be some of my favorite couple pictures that we have ever taken. I love the background, the colors, and our smiles. Yay for picture wins!
The venue was stunningly gorgeous. I was in love with all of the cool buildings and scenic spots for picture-taking. There was even a castle behind us. I'm sure the castle was a lot more expensive to rent, but it was sure cool. I forced my kids to stand in front of lots of old doors and stone walls because they made such great backdrops. We also got some couple pictures taken. They turned out to be some of my favorite couple pictures that we have ever taken. I love the background, the colors, and our smiles. Yay for picture wins!
The actual wedding ceremony was a very small gathering with just immediate family. It started with a procession where we all got to walk down the aisle to the music. Christian and Andrew were the ring-bearers and Grace and Leah were the flower girls. Hyrum and Caleb escorted Aunt Tiff down the aisle. I may or may not have bribed the boys to be good... and they were. (Ice cream works wonders!) It was all very sweet. Both Mom and Dad got to escort Crista down the aisle. It may not have been super traditional, but it was perfect. Crista was very lovely, and she and David seemed very happy and calm throughout.
After the ceremony, we had a few hours before the reception started. We took pictures, the kids played outside, and we helped set up the reception area. They had a fancy, catered dinner for all 150 guests. Mom didn't expect as many people to RSVP, but everyone sure came out to support Crista and David. Since there were so many people, all of the families with little kids ended up in the back adjoining room. It actually worked out well because we got to hang out with all of Jonathon's cousins, and the kids didn't disrupt the rest of the guests. The meal was very nice, but trying to serve so many people took a long time. By the time our meals came, my boys were getting tired and grumpy. They weren't really fans of the fancy food anyway, so I decided to bail and take them home. Jonathon stayed to watch them cut the cake, dance, and enjoy the sparkler farewell.
Overall, the day went super smoothly and was a huge success. We are glad that Crista was able to find a good man like David. We hope their marriage is a happy one!







No comments:
Post a Comment