While in Idaho for Christmas, it snowed... a lot. We got about 6-8 inches of snow over the course of the week. The kids wanted to be out playing constantly, but the adults mostly just wanted to stay in by the nice warm fire. We all compromised and did a little of both. The first day, we hooked up some tubes behind the 4-wheelers and pulled each other around the farmyard. I really didn't want to go because it was so cold, but Jonathon convinced me to go out for a few minutes. It was so fun! I hadn't done that in many years, and it reminded me of my childhood. I giggled the whole time because it was so exhilarating. I had so many layers of clothes on that I didn't get too cold. Later, Jonathon and the other dads took a bunch of the kids to a big hill by the house. The snow was so deep that regular cars couldn't get through it, but the pickups handled it okay. The kids loved tubing down the hill. When they got home, they were all frozen and asked for hot chocolate. They went tubing several times over the course of the week, and decided they needed hot chocolate after every time. When they weren't sledding, they were playing out in the backyard. I was impressed with how long they stayed out there because it was downright frigid.
Christmas morning, we woke up to a beautiful world blanketed in white fluffy snow. We were in awe of the snow and ice on the trees and the stunning sunrise that it created. We definitely had a White Christmas this year!



No comments:
Post a Comment