"Cruising on up to 35!"
{Day pack, BYU hat, underwater camera, beach towel, sunscreen, bug spray, aloe vera, chapstick}
On Saturday, Jonathon and I got to go to the play "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (one of our all-time favorites!) It was a gift from Jonathon's parents. Jonathon participated in that play during high school. He played the part of Jacob, the father of the 12 sons, because even in high school, he looked more mature. {Haha... this reminds me of a funny side story: the other day Jonathon was in his office at work when some of his students came in for help with a homework question. One of the girls pointed to a picture on his shelf and asked if those were Jonathon's grandkids. He laughed and said, "No, those are my children. How old do you think I am? I only graduated from college in 2005." The girl was red and obviously very embarrassed. The other lady that had come in with her said, "I am returning to college to finish my degree, and he's younger than me!" I totally get that most professors are older, but honestly, some people don't have a clue... It gave us a good laugh!}
After the play, we went out to eat at Tucanos for some Brazilian barbecue. It is one of our favorite places to eat, but because of the price, we save it for special occasions. When we sat down at our table, my aunt and uncle from Oklahoma jumped up from the next table over and gave us big hugs. I think I was in a bit of shock at first from seeing them! They were visiting their grandkids for a few days and just randomly were at the same restaurant at the same time. I love fun coincidences. We chatted with them for a few minutes before they left and then finished our yummy lunch. When we got ready to leave, the waitress informed us that our meals had been paid for. I sure love my big, wonderful family! It was such a fun birthday date.
I love this birthday boy and am grateful to spend every day with him! This year has been full of new adventures as we moved to a new city, he started a new job, and he is now adjusting to being a professor, researcher, and Young Men's secretary. He is super busy, but is doing amazing work. I marvel at all he accomplishes and how well he does it. I think this next year is going to be even better. Here's to another 35 great years!
1 comment:
Upcoming cruise?! It has obviously been waaay too Long since we have talked! Where are you guys going? I want to hear all about it! And I was laughing my head off about the grandkids story. That is just way too funny.
Post a Comment