The day started with an early morning temple trip for the teenagers to go do baptisms for the dead at the Boise Temple. My dad was in charge of this, and I really wished I was still a teenager and could go be with all of my cousins in the temple. What a great way to spend time together as a family and teach about the importance of the temple. They had 20+ youth attend, and it was a great experience for everyone... A great idea to remember for future reunions!
Day 2 of the Family Reunion was at Lake Lowell. Uncle Mike, Travis, and Julie all have boats and they were so nice to spend the day pulling water skiers, tubers, and giving rides to the kids. Since my family isn't really into water skiing, Jonathon took the boys down to play in the water by the shore. They had a fun time splashing around with the other little kids.
We also spent quite a while playing trivia with my cousins. I was the 2011 Trivia Champion, so I had high expectations, but I fell hard! It was not my day for trivia, but it was still fun to play. Aaron and Bryan are the big talkers, but even they got beat by the new champion, DARRELL! He was fast and awesome this year. I have my work cut out for me if I am going to make a comeback at the next reunion :) I sure love my cousins.
We were all exhausted from the heat (100+ degrees every day), and the staying up late, so we headed home in the afternoon to take naps. Dinner was at Uncle Roger's again and our family was in charge, so we went up early to help set up and get things ready. They served fried chicken and salads, followed by Uncle Roger's special homemade ice cream. He made root beer, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream. It was delish!
After dinner, the teenagers had a fireside with some of the cousins/uncles who are Bishops right now. The rest of the family played a game that worked well for a huge group. We divided into 6 teams of 15-20 people each. Then Vaughn (who was the emcee) would announce a hint for the upcoming competition. Each group would try to decipher the hint, and then send one person up to compete for their team. Each player had to participate in a challenge before anyone could go up for a second time. Everyone played, from the youngest baby to the oldest grandma, which really made it unique. For an example, the hint would be "The Longest." Each team would have to select a player based only on that hint. When all 6 people were up front, they would announce the competition... the longest hair or the longest trip to get here, or the longest time spinning a quarter etc. Some of them were very unexpected. Here were some of the other competitions:
The Highest....
Jump. Ugh! I didn't do too terrible, but Uncle Grant was flying!
The Fastest...
Crab Walker. Andrew got to participate in this one.
The Biggest...
Bubblegum bubble. Hannah creamed the competition. Everyone was very impressed :)
I actually ended up winning one for our team. The Fastest... person to find a word in the dictionary. Hehe! It was a fun game. We finished the night with ice cream cones and more chatting.
No comments:
Post a Comment