Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 25, 2014

The Rest of the Story (WWoHP Part 7)

When we were done at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, we headed over to the Jurassic Park area to do some of the rides. You could only ride Pteranodon flyers if you had a child with you, so Hannah and Ben took Christian and Andrew. Then Andrew was getting brave and decided that he wanted to ride the Jurassic Park River Adventure, which is a log ride with a big drop. I was surprised that he was willing to do it, but praised him for being a big kid. I stayed with all of the bags and all the others went on the ride. I was worried that Andrew was going to back out at the last minute, but he came back thrilled that he had done it. It became one of his favorite things. Then we went to the Dinosaur Discovery Center and had a good time with the hands-on exhibits.



One of the other fun things that we did was watch a magic show. The group was nice and small, so Christian got to help participate. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the tricks he performed, and the kids thought it was awesome.

Then we hit Seuss Landing so that the kids could ride some more rides. Their very favorite ride was Red Fish, Blue Fish because they got to fly the little cars and get wet. I was hoping that Christian would be nice and keep us dry, but of course, he intentionally flew into the water every time. After I got soaked, Christian had to ride by himself the next time. I think that he was perfectly okay with that!


When the kids got tired in the afternoons, we headed back to the hotel to rest for a bit and then go swimming. During that time, Hannah and Ben stayed at the park and went on pretty much every ride there was. The park was empty enough that they didn't wait in many lines, so they were able to do a lot in a short amount of time. By the time our trip was over, everyone had done everything that they wanted to.

On Friday morning, we got up at 3:45 AM to head to the airport to catch our flight home. This time we were all on the same flights, which was nice. Everything went really smoothly, and we made it home at 11:45 AM mst. The boys were great on all of the flights. They did all of their homework, and then watched movies on Jonathon's laptop. I was so glad that Jonathon convinced me to leave Hyrum at home because it would have been a nightmare to travel with him at this age. I was very grateful to have kids who were so well behaved and such good travelers. We got home and slept for the next two days. It was such a perfect trip, and we will remember it forever.

No comments: