I took Christian and Andrew to the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby last month because I had to go and help out as the Primary Representative. I was busy writing out awards for all of the boys and their cars, so Christian and Andrew were just sitting in the front row waiting for the racing to start. They had helped themselves to some snacks (including bubblegum) and were being really well-behaved. A few minutes later, Christian motioned me to come over. When I got over there, he told me that Andrew had gotten bubblegum stuck in his hair. How on Earth did he get bubblegum stuck in his hair? I still am not quite sure how that happened, but in his effort to get it out, he had formed it into a perfect "Alfalfa spike" from Little Rascals. Normally, I would be really annoyed, but seeing him sitting there with his gummed up hair and goofy expression was so funny. I started laughing and could NOT stop. My side started to hurt because I was laughing so hard. I told him that he couldn't have any more gum, but that I also wanted to take a picture. It was kind of hard to see the hair sticking up, so we put a balloon behind to show it better. Even after taking the pictures, I was still laughing.


About 10 minutes later, I finished up all of the things I had to do and sat down with the boys. Christian was playing with the gum still, and all of a sudden, he pulled hard to try to get it out. Andrew flinched, but didn't seem too bothered. When I looked over, Christian had a horrified look on his face and was holding a BIG chunk of hair that was covered in gum. He literally ripped the gum (and hair) right off of Andrew's head. Poor Andrew now had a huge bald spot. When I surveyed the damage, I realized there was nothing to do about it but let it grow back. Luckily, it was on the very top of his head, so it wasn't terribly noticeable. I was no longer laughing and instead felt just terrible for Andrew. That is when I vowed, "No More Gum... Ever!"
And just so you know...After typing this all out (and seeing that his hair is now growing back a month later), I am laughing again. It really was so funny!
3 comments:
Agh! Andrew must be one tough kid! I can't believe all that hair came out and he just flinched. My head started hurting just looking at the pics....
Oh the joys of "helpful" older siblings right? :) I'm glad you could laugh about it. Makes life so much more enjoyable.
dying over here... this will go down in Hill family legends ;)
bahaha I am glad you had such a funny experience. I probably would have been mad, too! You handled it great though.
Post a Comment