Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

March 1, 2014

Haircut

My hair has always been rather difficult to cut because it is curly. A bad haircut means triangular shaped clown hair for many weeks. The only haircuts that I have really liked came from Jasmine in Idaho. Because it is not feasible to go to her every time, I haven't gotten it cut very often in the last few years.  My hair was heavy, scraggly, and drab. In February, we went up to visit my family, and I was able to schedule an appointment with Jasmine. I was really excited.  The adventures and difficulties of the last year really made me want to do something completely different. I felt like I had gained a new lease on life through my trials, and I wanted to look like it too.

When Jasmine asked what I wanted, I told her that I just wanted something different that would look pretty. She cut about 10 inches off of the length and then gave me bangs. My mom was with me and she said that as all of the hair came off, my countenance lifted. She said it looked like 10 years had vanished and there was a light in my face again. It was very interesting to feel the weight and heaviness of the last few months fall away with the long heavy hair. I am so grateful to be alive. I am grateful for the challenges I have had in my life that have taught me and refined me. I am grateful to have a chance to do better and be better this year. I am grateful that this simple haircut reminded me of my desire to live each day to the fullest.

Straight and Curly


 

1 comment:

Katie Bell said...

It looks so pretty!