Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

October 22, 2013

My Hyrum Boy

Hyrum is now 3 months old. I can not even believe how fast it has gone. With the other boys, I really struggled with the newborn stage. Christian was an ideal baby, but since he was my first, I didn't really know what I was doing. Andrew was an extremely difficult baby (and toddler and child). He was colicky and didn't sleep... ever. I remember the first time he slept through the night was just after his 2nd birthday. This time around, the newborn stage has been so much more enjoyable.

Hyrum has truly been my little angel baby. I constantly thank Heavenly Father for sending me such an easy baby. He has his problems (like constant spitting up!), but he is calm, easily soothed, and so happy. Best of all, he loves to sleep. After surviving the horrors of a baby who won't sleep, I am so much more appreciative of one who will. When he was 8 weeks old, we moved him to his own room. That night he slept through the night. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but he has continued to sleep for long stretches at a time. 75% of the time, he will sleep from 9:30 pm until around 6 am. On the rare occasion that he does wake up in the night, he quickly eats and goes right back to bed. Considering all of the other stresses in our life right now, I think this sweet baby is definitely a tender mercy of the Lord.
Here are some things about Hyrum at 3 months:

He loves his baby swing.

He hates being on his tummy.

He spits up ALL THE TIME... I have to change his bib nearly every feeding. I'm pretty sure none of his clothes will be worth saving.

He is adored by Andrew and Christian. They talk to him, pat his cheeks, and want to include him in all our activities.

His nicknames are "Bubba" and "Chuck."

He weighed 14 pounds at his last checkup (about 3 months).

He has pretty severe eczema, especially on his face. We use a prescription steroid cream and lotion him up morning and night to try to prevent a severe outbreak.

He has the chubbiest cheeks you've ever seen. People always want to squish them.

He loves to smile and "talk"... definitely the most social of any of our boys.

He is just starting to reach for things. It takes a lot of concentration, but he is pretty happy when he realizes he is holding a toy.

We love our little Hyrum Boy!

1 month

 2 months

3 months




2 comments:

Stefani said...

What a cutie!! I'd like to squish his chubby cheeks;)

Unknown said...

Oh man, he is such a sweetie pie. I loved holding him last night! I'm glad he's such an angel for you.