Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 26, 2011

Count Your Blessings... (A Thanksgiving Review)

1. Two Wonderful Boys and a Great Husband
Christian and Andrew do everything together. I love that they are best friends and hope they always will be. Here they are roasting hotdogs (and later marshmallows) in my parents new fire pit. They were pretty much angels the entire trip. Jonathon was such a great help taking care of the boys so I could join in on several games. I definitely got a keeper. I love my little family!


2. Good Food and a Warm Home
My Mom and Dad hosted about 34 members of the O. Family for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom was on her game and pulled it off without breaking a sweat. She is AMAZING at organizing and putting together huge family gatherings. She has had a lot of practice and always seems to have it all together. She even had a dessert table that was set up from when we arrived until we left 4 days later. That would account for the 5 pounds we all gained!


3. Healthy Bodies that Allow Us to Run, Play, and Be Active--
Shortly after we arrived, we got the whole family together to play an ultra-competitive game of volleyball. We also got to go swimming at Uncle Mike's amazing new pool. On Thanksgiving, we ran a 2 mile Turkey Trot (separate post) and then the boys played football and did some trap shooting during the afternoon. It is such a blessing to have healthy bodies that allow us to do the things that we want to. Even though we are always working on being healthier, I am so grateful for what we have right now. I love Christian's "tough" pose below. He was just trying to be one of the boys. 


4. A Family That We Love to Be With 
One of my favorite things about my family is that we love to be together. Anytime there was a spare moment, we were chatting (often long into the night) or getting another game together. We played multiple games of Rook, Boggle, Scattergories and Bananagrams (AKA Words with Friends). My parents deserve much of the credit for our family unity, and I am so grateful for them and their efforts to make family time special. I can't wait until we can all be together again. (We missed you Joe and Kym!) Until next time...

1 comment:

Stefani said...

I somehow missed this... but I love your "review"