Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

August 16, 2011

One year later....

We have officially lived in Utah and our "new" house for one year. We moved in on August 13th, 2010, so we decided that we needed to celebrate the occasion. We wanted to reminisce about our New York days so we got some NY-style pizza (NYPD pizza). We even got the Manhattan Meat Lover to make it truly legit. That was followed by delicious NY cheesecake.


As we were talking about the last year, both Jonathon and I agreed that it went by so much faster and more smoothly than the 3 previous NY years. We decided that it must be because we are much more comfortable in our current situation. That fact, however, did not take away from the nostalgia we experienced when discussing our NY years. 

Christian remembers very little, but he remembers his friends. More than anything, NY will always bring to memory the wonderful friends that we made. We think about them often and realize what a strength they were to us. It also solidified us as a family because we worked through so many challenges together. 

Time is an interesting thing. As we get farther and farther away from our experience there, all of my memories are softened, and I truly remember the good times. I know the struggles we went through, but they all get pushed aside, and I look back at the experience with such happiness. 

My mom always told me that would happen, but it is hard to understand that as you are going through it. 

I am so glad she was right. 

4 comments:

Stefani said...

Wow! A year already?? I guess since we've been in our house for almost 8 1/2 that makes sense. Where does the time go.

Chelle said...

Well hey, WE sure think it's been a great year having you guys here! We love getting together with you. And I am SO happy that our kids are such good pals. (The way things are going, I think Siena is going to want to marry Andrew :)

cfish77 said...

I'm glad you're here and that we get to see you more! It was fun to be there last year when Sarah and the boys first saw the house.

Gaylene said...

I can totally relate to the softening of memories. My time back east was very difficult for me but I rarely think of that and instead remember all the wonderful experiences and friends. I can even say I would definitely do it all again. :)