Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

May 31, 2011

Wedding Prep

My brother, Matt, is getting married in 3 days. That means wedding prep is in full swing!  In the next 3 days I need to travel to Idaho, bake, frost, and decorate 500 cupcakes, and make a wedding cake. It will be a busy couple of days, but we sure are excited for Matt and Katie. I have been practicing, so hopefully, it all goes without a hitch. I only post these pictures in case I completely implode and the actual cake turns out to be a disaster. Then at least I will have documented proof that I really can do this :). I also decided to make some bow ties for the boys. It was a super fast and fun project. I followed the directions posted here. I think they are adorable. I will definitely take pictures of the actual event, so stay tuned...


 Practice #1:

Practice #2:

Bow ties:


8 comments:

Chelle said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I have no doubt everything will turn out amazing. Who knows, you just may have gotten yourself a little business on the side there. Do you want to make me and Jared's 7 yr anniversary cake? ha ha. :) Take lots of pics, and I can't wait to hear about how it all turned out when you get back!

Tamra said...

500 cupcakes? That's real love and devotion. The closest I came was 5 cheesecakes for my cousin's wedding. My entire goal was for them to be good, but not so good that anyone would ask me to do it again. :) Wedding prep is not my gig. Your stuff, though, is gorgeous!

cfish77 said...

Those are some handsome looking little boys!

pharmgirl75 said...

The boys look very dapper! I love the cakes. Good job, Sarah!

Stefani said...

Ahahaha! I love the bow ties! I love the cakes too. You'll do great. Please tell Matt congrats and give him a hug from his favorite California cousin!

Caleb and Suzy said...

Sarah, you are talented! Enjoy the weedding! We love your family!

Katie Bell said...

Don't worry about the cakes, those boys look good enough to eat....

Kathryn said...

So impressed! That is one talent I Do Not have! Looks so tricky to me. Good luck. :)