Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

April 14, 2011

All About Christian

Nothing too exciting has been happening at our house for the last few weeks, but everyday life has been pretty great. Jonathon and I both agree that this is one of the happiest times our family has ever had. We are all in a good routine and schedule, everyone is healthy, we are finally feeling some financial stability, and things are just overall positive. Times like this don't always happen, so I wanted to document some of the normal, everyday things that are making us happy. This post is all about Christian...

*Preschool: Christian has been going to preschool 3 days a week this school year. He really loves his teachers, his friends, and his school. He is learning so much and is especially working on reading and writing. A few weeks ago, he got to bring home his school pet for the day. Luckily, it was a STUFFED elephant named Peanut. He played with it all day and then got to write down their adventures in the class journal. This is his writing and drawings. I thought it was pretty cute, so I took a picture. His words say "Penut, Christian, and car"


*Field Trip: For one of Christian's preschool field trips, we got to go to the Gateway Discovery Museum. The boys loved the kid-sized town that they had set up. The majority of our time was spent there, but we also got to do some science stuff and sit in a life flight helicopter. 

At the kid-sized grocery store


 At the building yard

In the helicopter

*Grandma H's birthday was April 1st, so Christian gave her a homemade card. Here is some more of his writing and drawing. I always have him sound out the words by himself first because I think it will help him learn. It also gives him a lot of confidence to do it by himself.


* Last week we got "Duck Tales"-- the TV series from Netflix.  Jonathon was initially just being sentimental about our childhood, but it turns out that Christian and Andrew love it.  During one episode Gyro goes back in time and becomes a knight (please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers all of these). Christian decided he wanted to be a knight, so he came up with this costume. A beanie for a helmet, cardboard shield, and sword from a vacuum cleaner attachment. He loves to pretend, and is always acting out his latest ideas.

2 comments:

cfish77 said...

I had wondered if you'd ever been to that museum and figured that the little cousins would probably like the helicopter. Kristie did a short graphic design internship there a few years ago.

kfish said...

Love Discovery Gateway! When I worked there I was suupposed to go play in the museum everyday.