"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we "accentuate the positive." I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort." pg. 99This quote really struck me as something that would be good to work on this year. We really have a great life, but all too often we focus on the little problems and annoyances instead of accentuating the positives in the situation. This has become our family motto for 2011, so I thought it would also be a perfect blog title reminder. I am not guaranteeing that all the blog posts this year will be happy because, let's face it, nobody's life is like that. But hopefully, we can find many positive things to dwell on in our daily experiences. We are going to spend this year "Enjoying the Sunlight" wherever we can find it!
Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.
January 22, 2011
It's Time for a Change
We adopted the blog title "From Small Town to Uptown" three years ago when we were living in uptown Manhattan. I was still very keenly aware of the contrast between growing up on a farm and living in the BIG city. I loved the title because it combined both aspects of our life experiences. That was then, but it has been 5 months since we left "uptown." I knew the blog needed an update, but I couldn't find anything that I loved... until this week. I read this quote by President Hinckley in his book Standing for Something:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great idea. I love it!
Thanks Sarah, you are always such an inspiration to me. Love the title, love the quote, love the picture!
I love that quote! I had it on my wall for years. Hinckley sure seemed to live up to it, too. Can you think of a more positive person? What a great thing to strive for!
I should re-read that book!
Love your new blog title. For some reason I can't see the picture on my computer.... odd. I'll look into that.
Post a Comment