Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 20, 2010

Giving Thanks: Day 3

The Primary Organization

I went to our practice for the Primary Program this afternoon, and I was reminded how wonderful the Primary organization is. I am thankful for dedicated teachers who teach Christian things that I haven't thought to teach him yet. He loves to go to class and participate in sharing time. It is truly a blessing to know that other people care about my children and their spiritual development. I am also so thankful for Nursery and the wonderful people who spend time with the rowdy, little toddlers so that we can attend to our other responsibilities.

It is also wonderful to be a teacher in the Primary. I spent 4 years going to college to be a teacher and never actually got to teach. It was hard for me to give up that dream, but I knew that I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. Being able to teach my little Primary class is fulfilling part of that dream. I get to use all of the skills that I worked hard to develop, and I get to feel like I am helping my eight students learn about Christ. I take it very seriously, and am grateful for this chance. Heavenly Father definitely has a way of meeting our needs and desires, even if it is in a way different than we plan.


This was Christian's Sunbeam class in Manhattan. I think it is an adorable picture, and it makes us miss all of our NY friends so much. Luckily, the church is the same everywhere, and there are many new friends to be made here.

2 comments:

cfish77 said...

I had to do the same thing yesterday for our program tomorrow. What class do you teach? Mine is Valiant 11.

Stefani said...

The primary program is one of my favorite sacrament meetings of the year. It's sort of sad, this year was the first year we didn't have a kid participating. It was sad until I realized I got to focus on all the other little darlings up there.