Room 1 (Kitchen)
Before: Notice the bright purple wall and matching countertop... I like purple, but wow, that was hard to look at (it was worse in person). The linoleum floor was also torn and coming up in spots, so it needed some desperate work.
| Dining Area |
| Kitchen Area |
After: We painted over that purple wall (it took 3 coats), and it really made the purple countertops more bearable. We also installed laminate floors in the kitchen. It was hard work, but it is one of our favorite changes.
| New and Improved Dining Area |
| Kitchen Area minus the purple wall |
Room 2 (Playroom)
Before: This room was used as a preschool, and I do not know if I have ever seen nastier carpet than this. It was coming up off the floor, had masking tape stuck to it, and had red fingernail polish stains in several areas. In one corner, there was another random piece of carpet duct taped to the original carpet. Plus, there were crayon and marker scribbles all over the walls. Yikes!
After: I love that our boys have a place to play. We really wanted to make it fun, inviting, and educational. I love how it turned out. The new carpet and paint made all the difference in the world.
| The whole room view |
| The TV area |
| What can I say... I love maps! Hopefully my boys will love Geography as much as I do. |
*Thank goodness for the $5000 carpet and paint allowance from the seller so that we could make all of these changes on our small budget.
2 comments:
Very cool! I like that you've marked places important to your family on those maps. By the way, I agree that the purple walls w/ the purple countertop was worse in person. Looks great now though!
That is all SO awesome. I'm so happy for you and your lovely new home.
Post a Comment