Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

July 15, 2010

Overwhelmed

I definitely could write about how crazy things are right now: planning a cross-country move, packing, approaching the closing date on our home, finishing up a dissertation, and planning a birthday party for a very excited little boy. I'll admit, it's a little chaotic.

That, however, is not what this post is about...

Today, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the people in my life who have done so much to help us. Both sets of our parents have really gone above and beyond anything we ever imagined to help us with our upcoming events. We feel so unable to express our gratitude or to ever repay them for their kindness, but we will spend the rest of our lives trying. We will remember this time in our lives and try to show the same love and kindness to our children, family, and loved ones when they are in need.

Our friends and family members have also been amazing. We have had so many people volunteer to watch the boys, help load the moving truck, and offer encouragement as we have been in limbo with our housing situation.

We are feeling so blessed, and for that I am truly overwhelmed... in the best way possible.

2 comments:

Stefani said...

You will repay them by paying it forward - especially to your own children. It really is a great thing to have loving caring family and friends. Thanks for the good reminder.

cfish77 said...

I'm only familiar with Jonathon's side of the family, but love and kindness are qualities I've see demonstrated by his parents! The grandparents that Jonathon and I have in common were also that way.