On Wednesday Jonathon went with me to a live showing of the Martha Stewart Show. While I must admit that I rarely watch Martha, I wanted to see a show while in NY, and hers was one of the only ones I was interested in. Jonathon wasn't too excited about going until I told him it could be my birthday present and the tickets were FREE.
We arrived at the studio early, stood in line for a while, then sat in the guest waiting room and got an overview of the show and the procedures. I didn't realize that it was going to be a live show, but that made it all the more exciting. Next we were moved to the studio and were prepped on various stage commands (i.e. applause, fade, etc.). Here is a picture of us sitting in the studio just before the show started:
The topics of the show itself weren't all that exciting. Her guest was some rapper named Big Boi. Yeah, never heard of him. (We found out later that the second taping that day was with Antonio Banderas :(. She then taught us how to cook lobster, make a garden apron and a shell sconce, and played a short segment on topiary gardens. This is the garden apron and part of her stage scenery:
After the show, some audience members got to ask Martha questions. She seemed exactly like what you would expect. Sweet, sincere, and a bit sassy too. It was a fun experience and I am glad we got a chance to go before we leave New York .
On my actual birthday (Sunday), the Primary kids sang to me, I heard from lots of great friends and family, and Jonathon busted out his culinary skills to make me an amazing dinner and dessert. For dinner he made chicken cordon bleu, seasoned mashed potatoes, and cooked carrots. For my "cake", he whipped up an amazing fruit tart that tasted as good as it looked. Seriously, the boy is good. It is a pastry crust, with a cream cheese layer, and topped with fruit. Oh, and you top it all with whipped cream. The recipe can be found here. YUM!
6 comments:
Im glad you had a good birthday sarah!
WOW! Jealous on all accounts! Happy Birthday!
How cool is THAT?! Tell Jonathon way to go. I had no doubts he would do something super awesome for your b-day. we sure married some good guys, didn't we? :)
Happy Birthday! Wow, a lot has happened since I checked last. I'm feeling for you on the dissertation situation. So hard to not have Daddy around much. Awesome work scrapbooking though. That's one of those things that constantly haunts me. At this point, scrapbooking is not even an option I just have so many pictures I need to get organized and put into albums or something! How fun to visit Yankee Stadium and Martha's show! To bad you missed Antonio.
Boy, you guys are having some great experiences in New York. I don't exactly watch Martha Stewart, but sometimes its on the TV while I'm at the gym...I should have been watching for you! Happy Birthday!
Wow. Yummy tart. Happy late birthday!
Post a Comment