Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

October 25, 2009

Fun with Grandma

Jonathon went away to a training course in Massachusetts for 2 weeks (more on that to come...). To help me maintain my sanity, my wonderful mother-in-law flew out to help me with the boys. I had them for 5 days on my own before she got here, and it was HARD! I have so much respect for single parents who raise children on their own. When Mom H. got here, I was so relieved and grateful. It was a really difficult time for her to be away from home, but I couldn't have survived without her. Thanks Mom! The boys were in heaven playing with Grandma every second of every day. Here are some of our adventures:

Little Red Lighthouse (Check out the children's book called The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge. Very cute.)

Here is a picture that shows the comparative sizes of the George Washington Bridge and the Little Red Lighthouse.

Mom and Andrew

Grandma and her Grandbabies
It was a beautiful day, so we walked with the kids in the double stroller. So Fun!

The Cloisters
This museum is an exclave of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and houses medieval art from around 1100 to 1500 AD. The majority of the museum is made of pieces of stone and other decorations brought over from monasteries in Europe. The architecture was beautiful, and the tapestries and figurines were really interesting. Christian loved visiting the "castle" on the hill.

Front view of The Cloisters

Christian loved this medieval fountain

This chapel was the only place that Christian sat still. He pretended he was at church (although he is never still at church :)

Grandma and Andrew looking out over the Hudson. What a great view!

Baking
Of course, no visit from Grandma would be complete without lots of yummy food. She filled our freezer with delicious treats and made dinner every night. The boys adore her... for good reason.


3 comments:

cfish77 said...

Looks like fun! I get to refer to her as Aunt and and agree that she's pretty great!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love Marilyn! You're so lucky.

Emily said...

You and I sure got lucky in the mother-in-law department didn't we?