A little known fact about Jonathon is that he is an amazing cook. He won first prize in a Heritage Halls (BYU) cooking competition for a delicious stir-fry recipe that we still eat several times a month. On Saturday, Jonathon entered his second cooking competition. He entered a pie in our ward pie baking competition. He made a dutch apple pie with a streusel topping. To finish it off, he drizzled caramel sauce over the top. I carried the pie over to the church, and the whole way my mouth was watering because it looked and smelled so good. (Sorry for the stinky cell phone pic... it really did look amazing!)
Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.
September 22, 2009
Jonathon, The Pie Maker
A little known fact about Jonathon is that he is an amazing cook. He won first prize in a Heritage Halls (BYU) cooking competition for a delicious stir-fry recipe that we still eat several times a month. On Saturday, Jonathon entered his second cooking competition. He entered a pie in our ward pie baking competition. He made a dutch apple pie with a streusel topping. To finish it off, he drizzled caramel sauce over the top. I carried the pie over to the church, and the whole way my mouth was watering because it looked and smelled so good. (Sorry for the stinky cell phone pic... it really did look amazing!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yum! Apple Pie sounds great right now! Congratulations Johnathon! Oh, and I like the new do
Okay, I have to admit--I started reading the post and when you said it was a chili cook off, I immediately looked at the picture and thought he made a chili pie. It looked like big brown chunks of ground beef and actually made me feel sick for a second. But then I kept reading and realized what it was and suddenly I could see that it was in fact streusel topping and not chunks of ground beef. Hahaha! Once my mind figured out what I was looking at, it looked so appetizing!!! Good job, Jonathon!
EWWW, Molly. That really does sound nasty, and I'm not even pregnant. I think I will take the chili part out. hehe
Isn't this where you're also supposed to post the recipes for the stir-fry and the pie?
Good job, cousin Jonathon!
Post a Comment