Chubby Boy
Andrew reached the 2 month mark this week. He started out as a big boy, but just recently started getting the chubby cheeks and leg rolls that make little babies so darn cute. He loves to smile, coo, and get attention from anybody and everybody. He is growing so fast and we all love him so much.
Big Boy
Christian got a new big boy bed yesterday. I found this cute little toddler bed on Craigslist for an amazing deal. It is perfect for Christian and matches our crib exactly. We were worried about him sleeping through the night in it, but Jonathon told him to stay there all night, and when morning came, he called for us to come let him get out. What a good boy! Having a little brother has definitely forced him to grow up, but he seems ready for the challenge.
Birthday Boy
Jonathon turned 28 this week. According to him, "28 just isn't one of those important or noteworthy birthdays." I disagree. Anytime we can officially celebrate Jonathon being such a great husband, father, and person is important and noteworthy. We had a small party at home with an amazing steak dinner and angel food cake for dessert. Happy Birthday Jonathon!
Me and My Boys
Having a second child has forced me to grow up a little more. Over the past 2 weeks I have dealt with both kids having stinky diapers at the same time, crying at the same time, throwing up at the same time, and needing attention at the same time. It has been exhausting...especially the sick part. Having two children in New York City has its own set of challenges. So far, I have figured out how to ride the bus with them both, but I have yet to master getting down the subway stairs with a stroller and toddler. Doing laundry in the basement and grocery shopping/carrying the groceries home are beyond me at this point. I have saved these tasks for when Jonathon can help me. I am sure I will be a pro before long. It is all part of the growth curve. Despite all the struggles, I love being their mom. They make it all worth it when they kiss me good night or give me an adoring coo. It seems we all have some more growing up to do!
3 comments:
Congrats on all of your milestones. I'm sorry that you're still on the learning curve for 2 kids in NYC. I think it would be insanely difficult which is why I plan on moving away before we ever have two kids here. I'll whole-heartedly admit it. I'm a wimp.
Sarah, I love this post. Having 2 is something else, isn't it?
you are amazing though, doing it in the big apple. The boys look soooo cute!
I've wondered what I'll do with laundry and groceries when I have two kids as well. Since you're one step ahead of me, let me know when you do figure it out.
Post a Comment