Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Last night we attended the annual Easter concert at the church. One of the perks of living in New York City is a seemingly endless supply of musical talent consisting of Broadway performers, opera singers, and professional musicians. I have always been so impressed with the performances that the ward has put together. As a ward missionary, I have been planning and advertising this concert to the community for several weeks. It was so nice to be able to focus on Christ and provide a means for others to learn about the importance of Easter as well. From what I heard (while chasing Christian through the halls), the concert was a success.

We also fully participated in the commercialized version of Easter. Christian and I attended a fun playgroup activity this week which turned into an Easter party. The 3 one-year-old boys had so much fun. They colored eggs, made rabbit costumes, ate s'mores using peeps marshmallows, and went on a living room Easter egg hunt.



Mom and her little bunny



Christian's first Easter egg hunt



Yummy Easter treats that we made for Christian's friends--
Rice Krispy Treat nests with a plastic candy-filled egg inside

It is exciting to participate in all the fun Easter traditions, but truly wonderful to understand the power and magnitude of the resurrection. Happy Easter!
-S

No comments: